According to the Americans with Disabilities Amendment Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, students may be eligible for reasonable accommodations through Disability Services. COVID-19 related forms* can be found at the bottom of this page.
In order to access Disability Services and request reasonable accommodations, students must either be:
- A current Ocean County College student or
- Have completed the Ocean County College Admissions Application before the start of the semester and complete the following steps:
Complete the Student Intake Packet and collect your documentation of disability.
Examples of supporting documentation include, but are not limited to*:
- Individual Education Plan (IEP, Junior or Senior year only)
- Psychological Evaluation (within the last 3 years)
- Educational Evaluation (within the last 3 years)
- Summary of Performance (SOP)
- School Social Worker Report
- Medical, Therapist or Counselor Evaluation with Diagnosis
- VA-related disability or medical reports
*Ocean County College Disability Services reserves the right to request up to date or additional documentation for approval of accommodations.
Submit all supporting documentation to the Office of Disability Services using one of the methods below. The supporting documentation of disability can be submitted:
All documentation is kept confidential. Inadequate information, incomplete answers, and/or illegible handwriting will delay the eligibility review process.
- It is your responsibility to provide a copy of this letter to your professors each semester.
- It is your responsibility to obtain the professor’s signature on the accommodation letter and provide a copy of this signed letter to Disability Services.
- It is your responsibility to meet with each professor to discuss the arrangements for receiving accommodations.
- Instructors do not have to provide accommodations to students if they have not been informed of the need in a timely manner.
This form must be completed by any student requesting a waiver from the college requirement for mandatory mask or face covering. Requests may only be on medical grounds as an individual with a disability or as regarded as having a disability under the ADA of 1990, as amended by the ADAAA of 2008. Direct all questions or inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who have a religious or sincerely held belief which conflicts with OCC’s and/or the School of Nursing’s requirement must complete this form to request an exemption from this requirement. Please direct all questions or inquiries to email@example.com.
This form is to be used by students with a medical condition prohibiting them from utilizing COVID-19 nasal swab testing. To request exemption from this requirement, please complete this form and return with a supporting document/note from a treating physician. Please direct all questions or inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If you have difficulty opening these forms, please use either Firefox or Chrome browsers.
Disability Services Forms
- Accommodation Notification and Confidential Documentation Request Form
- Verification of Physical Disabilities & Health Disorders Form
- Verification of Psychiatric/Psychological Disorders Form
- Request Alternate Format Text (AFT)
- Request an Interpreter or Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART)
- Student Application for Medical Exemption from Mandatory Mask or Face Covering
- COVID-19 Vaccine Medical Contraindication Form
- Nasal Swab Exemption Request for Students