According to the Americans with Disabilities Amendment Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, students may be eligible for reasonable accommodations through Disability Services.
In order to access Disability Services and request reasonable accommodations, students must either be:
- A current Ocean County College student or
- Have completed the Ocean County College Admissions Application before the start of the semester
and complete the following steps:
Complete the Student Intake Packet and collect your documentation of disability.
Examples of supporting documentation include, but are not limited to*:
- Individual Education Plan (IEP, Junior or Senior year only)
- Psychological Evaluation (within the last 3 years)
- Educational Evaluation (within the last 3 years)
- Summary of Performance (SOP)
- School Social Worker Report
- Medical, Therapist or Counselor Evaluation with Diagnosis
- VA-related disability or medical reports
*Ocean County College Disability Services reserves the right to request up to date or additional documentation for approval of accommodations.
Submit all supporting documentation to the Office of Disability Services using one of the methods below. The supporting documentation of disability can be submitted:
Ocean County College
Attn: Disability Services
College Drive, P.O. Box 2001
Toms River, NJ 08754-2001
All documentation is kept confidential. Inadequate information, incomplete answers, and/or illegible handwriting will delay the eligibility review process.
- It is your responsibility to provide a copy of this letter to your professors each semester.
- It is your responsibility to obtain the professor’s signature on the accommodation letter and provide a copy of this signed letter to Disability Services.
- It is your responsibility to meet with each professor to discuss the arrangements for receiving accommodations.
- Instructors do not have to provide accommodations to students if they have not been informed of the need in a timely manner.