JOINT ADMISSION AND TRANSFER
The NJ Transfer website www.njtransfer.org is a valuable resource to help you select courses for transfer to four-year colleges. You can plan an entire academic program for seamless transfer and can compare your community college programs to a variety of similar four-year programs. NJ Transfer also contains extensive information about admissions and transfer recruitment events.
New Jersey Statewide General Education Foundation
Most New Jersey Colleges and Universities share a common foundation of general education courses. This means that Ocean County College students can transfer all credits required to complete the OCC Associate Degree into a wide variety of baccalaureate programs at participating institutions. OCC also has a variety of specific transfer agreements with many colleges and universities. Transfer agreements for New Jersey schools are found on NJ Transfer.
Other Specialized Agreements include:
Albright College Dual Admission Agreement
Ocean County College graduates are guaranteed admission into a Bachelor’s Degree program with junior status at Albright College on the condition that they: graduate from Ocean County College with an Associate in Arts (A.A.) Degree or Associate in Science (A.S.) Degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0; complete a “Dual Admissions Intent” form; and satisfy all other Albright College transfer admission requirements. All Dual Admissions students can take one Albright College course per year free of charge while enrolled as an Ocean County College student (maximum of three courses lifetime). Ocean County College students are eligible for the following scholarship opportunities on the basis of their final grade point averages at OCC:
- $12,500 with a GPA of 3.8 or higher
- $10,000 with a GPA of 3.6 to 3.79
- $ 7,500 with a GPA of 3.4 to 3.59
- $ 5,000 with a GPA of 3.2 to 3.39
Colorado State University Global Campus
Colorado State University Global Campus (CSUGC) is a non-profit public institution which strives to make online learning affordable and attainable. OCC graduates from a variety of associate degree options who have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 are guaranteed admission to the university* and can transfer up to 64 credits toward their baccalaureate degree. Those students who have a 2.0 cumulative grade point average, and transfer to CSUGC within one year of graduating will also qualify for a 10% tuition discount.
Healthcare Administration and Management
Human Resource Management
Interdisciplinary Professional Studies
Management Information Systems and Business Analytics
*some programs might require a CGPA higher than 2.0
Fairleigh Dickinson Degree Completion
Ocean County College graduates in A.A. or A.S. degree programs may transfer up to a maximum of 64 credits to the Bachelor of Arts in Individualized Studies with concentrations in Hotel and Restaurant Management or Business and Technology. Courses in excess of 64 credits are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Classes required to complete these degrees are offered on the Ocean County College campus or one of its satellite facilities.
Ocean County College and Kean University have established a partnership that enables area residents to complete selected upper division and graduate level programs on the campus of Ocean County College. Undergraduate degree programs in Accounting, Biology, Criminal Justice, English, Elementary Education, Finance, Graphic Design, History, Management, Marketing, Nursing, Physical Education, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, and Special Education and more are currently offered. Graduate programs include master’s degrees in Educational Leadership and Counselor Education, Nursing, Public Administration, as well as an Executive MBA. Visit Kean-Ocean for current scheduling information, advising guides, and upcoming information sessions.
Montclair State University
Ocean County College students who earn an Associate’s degree in the Arts or Sciences (AA or AS) will be eligible to transfer to Montclair State University upon completion of their degree and/or will be considered to be dually enrolled at both OCC and Montclair State on the condition the students fully satisfy the admissions criteria for Montclair State at the time of graduation. To participate, students must have a 2.75 cumulative grade point average (CGPA) and select from the list of approved programs below:
College of the Arts:
College of Education and Human Services:
Nutrition and Food Science (Food Systems Concentration)
College of Humanities and Social Sciences:
Spanish: Concentration in Translation
College of Science and Mathematics:
Earth and Environmental Science
School of Business:
Ocean County College students who complete the A.S. in Computer Science will be eligible for admission into the Monmouth University B. S. in Software Engineering. Monmouth programs permit OCC students a maximum of 72 transfer credits.
Norwich University Online
Norwich University has been providing quality online instruction for 20 years. OCC students earning the AS Criminal Justice can transfer up to 84 credits* to the BS Criminal Justice at Norwich University. Students with the associate degree can qualify for a $500 tuition scholarship.
School of Public Affairs and Administration
OCC students who are interested in careers in public service and civic engagement can take advantage of the Articulated pathway between OCC and Rutgers Newark for the BA in Public and Non-Profit Administration from the AS Public Service. The curriculum is designed to provide students with hands-on educational experiences through experiential learning that allow them to broaden and enhance their spirit of service through the exploration of public and non-profit administration and related areas.
St. John’s University
Ocean County College students with an A.A. or A.S. degree can now transfer up to 66 credits — exclusive of any developmental or remedial work — to the following schools at St. John’s University: St. John’s College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, the College of Professional Studies or the School of Education. Students seeking to transfer to the Peter J. Tobin College of Business or the College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions at St. John’s will have their records evaluated to determine acceptance and award of transfer credit. For more information, call the Office of Undergraduate Admission at St. John’s, 1 (888) STJOHNS.
Southern New Hampshire University
Ocean County College students who complete the following AA/AS/AAS degrees will be able to transfer their full degree to the specified majors within the College of Online & Continuing Education:
- A.S. Business Administration to B.S. Accounting – Online
- A.S. Business Administration to B.S. Business Administration – Online
- A.S. Business Administration to B.S. Marketing – Online
- A.S. Criminal Justice Degree to B.S. Criminal Justice – Online
- A.S. Environmental Studies to B.S. Environmental Science – Online
- A.A./A.S. to B.A. General Studies – Online
- A.S. Graphic Arts, Design, & Media to B.A. Graphic Design and Media Arts – Online
- A.A. Liberal Arts to B.A. Communications – Online
- A.A. Liberal Arts to B.A. Graphic Design & Media Arts – Online
- A.A. Liberal Arts to B.A. Psychology – Online
- A.A.S. Nursing to B.S. Nursing (RN-BSN) – Online
- A.S. Social Work to B.A. Human Services – Online
- A.A.S. Technical Related Degrees to B.S. Technical Management II – Online
- RN to Master of Science Nursing (MSN) Accelerated Option – Online
The five-year Transfer Pathways agreement strengthens the relationship between Stockton and Ocean County College by offering multiple opportunities for students to seamlessly pursue associate and bachelor’s degrees at the two institutions of higher education.
The terms of the agreement include:
- Students already enrolled at OCC can apply for conditional acceptance to Stockton while continuing to work towards their associate’s degree, and be assured of acceptance prior to the term in which they are ready to transfer.
- Students who successfully complete their associate degree at Ocean County College can automatically transfer to Stockton with junior standing to complete their bachelor’s degree. Application fees to Stockton will be waived for eligible students.
- Stockton and OCC will develop specific program-to-program articulation agreements for high-demand majors to facilitate the quality and ease of transfer.
- Students will receive joint advising from Stockton and OCC and a Stockton advisor will have office space and a regular schedule at OCC.
- Students will be eligible for financial aid from whichever institution they are attending. Stockton will provide five one-year scholarships of $2,000 per year to OCC graduates whose admission to Stockton is covered by the agreement.
Temple University Online – Fox School of Business and Management
Ocean County College and Temple University have entered into an agreement to facilitate transfer for OCC students earning the AS Business Administration to various baccalaureate programs in Business Administration through the Fox School of Business and Management at Temple University. Students must follow specified curriculum guides and are required to meet all requirements and deadlines for admission to Temple University, as well as all curricular requirements related to the chosen major. Students who follow the proper curriculum guides will be able to complete their baccalaureate degree in four semesters of full-time enrollment.
AS Business Administration to Bachelor in:
• Business Administration
• Business Management
• Financial Planning
• Human Resource Management
• International Business
• Legal Studies
• Management Information Systems
• Human Resource Management
• Employee Benefits Risk Management and Insurance
• Healthcare Risk Management and Insurance
• Property Liability/Corporate Risk Management & Insurance
• Supply Chain Management
Additionally, Temple University offers a Gen Ed to Gen Ed transfer which allows OCC students who graduate from the identified programs with an associate degree and who meet all transfer admissions requirements, including the necessary mathematics requirement (see the agreement) will have the gen ed embedded in the OCC degree accepted as meeting the undergraduate University Gen Ed Curriculum.
Gen Ed to Gen Ed
• AS Business Administration
• AS Computer Science
• AS Computer Science – Game Development/Design
• AS Computer Science – Information Systems
• AS Computer Science Information Technology
• AS Engineering
• AS Environmental Science
• AS Homeland Security
• AS Criminal Justice (Mathematics Selection must be certified, see agreement)
• AA Digital Mass Media – Journalism (Mathematics Selection must be certified, see agreement)
• AA Digital Mass Media – Broadcast/Productions (Mathematics Selection must be certified, see agreement)
• AS General Studies (Mathematics Selection must be certified, see agreement)
• AS Hospitality, Recreation and Tourism Management (Mathematics Selection must be certified, see agreement)
• AA Liberal Arts (Mathematics Selection must be certified, see agreement)
• AA Performing Arts (Mathematics Selection must be certified, see agreement)
• AS Public Service (Mathematics Selection must be certified, see agreement)
University of Maryland Global Campus
At UMGC, you can choose from a wide range of online programs in high-demand fields, each backed by the reputation of a respected state university that was founded for working adults more than 70 years ago. We offer more than 90 degrees, certificates, and specializations that provide career-relevant skills in areas like:
· Business & Management
· Data Analytics
· Education & Teaching
· Healthcare & Science
· IT & Computer Science
· Liberal Arts & Communications
· Public Safety
Through an Affiliation Agreement with Ocean County College, University of Maryland Global Campus will offer OCC associate degree holders seamless transfer to UMGC baccalaureate programs. Additionally, OCC students have the opportunity to participate in Dual Enrollment, which enables students to enroll at both institutions simultaneously*. UMGC will award up to 70 credits in transfer. Students must meet all admissions requirements and deadlines. *Students must complete 52 credits prior to participating in this program.
United States Sports Academy
Ocean County College and the United States Sports Academy, Daphne, AL, have entered into an articulation agreement for qualified students to pursue a Bachelor of Sport Science degree in Sport Coaching and Sport Management. OCC students who have been awarded AA, AS or AAS degree by Ocean County College and graduate with a GPA of 2.0 or higher will be accepted into USSA with no application fee. USSA is a special mission institution of higher learning accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
William Paterson University
Ocean County College has entered into an agreement with William Paterson University to smooth the transfer path for students wishing to study music or education. Students who would like to pursue the BA in Music or the BMus in Music can transfer from our AA Performing Arts/Music, AA Liberal Arts or the AS General Studies with a Humanities concentration. Students must have at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average, and meet the audition requirements, to be admitted to the program. William Paterson University will accept all general education credits and up to half of the credits toward the major as outlined in the agreement.
Students who have earned the AA in Education with a 3.0 cumulative grade point average will be granted admission to the Bachelor of Arts Degrees in Education, and will be guaranteed junior standing, on the condition that any programmatic admission requirements are also met. William Paterson University will accept all associate degree credits under this program-to-program articulation agreement, including up to half of the William Paterson University major required credits, from New Jersey community college students who enroll at William Paterson University. *Students planning to enroll in the P-3 and K-6 programs at WPU should take 2 math courses, 2 history courses, (one American), 2 sequential foreign language courses (two semesters of American Sign Language can also fulfill the foreign language requirement), and 2 science classes (one with a lab).