Please note: If you are logging in for the first time, please visit our Ocean Help page for instructions.
Ocean County College is making it easier than ever for you to reset your password if you ever forget it.
In order for you to use the Self-Service Password Reset feature, you will first need to register for the service. You will need to provide your mobile phone number and/or (non-ocean.edu) email address so we can verify who you are.
Please note that, in order to register for this service, you must know your current OCC username and password and be able to successfully log in to Ocean Connect. If you do not know your Ocean Connect password, or if it has expired, please call the Student Help Desk at 1-866-861-1122
How to Register for Self Service Password Reset:
To register for Self-Service password resets, please click the following link passwordregistration.ocean.edu and log in to your account. You will be asked to enter and verify a personal email address and/or a phone number to enroll. You will need access to the personal email and/or phone during the registration process. For more detailed instructions please visit the following document (registration documentation).
How to Reset Your Password:
If you have enrolled for Self-Service password resets and have forgotten your Ocean Connect password you can visit passwordreset.ocean.edu to reset your password. You will need access to either the personal email or phone number you used to enroll, to receive a verification code. Once you have verified the code you will then be able to reset your password. For more detailed instructions please visit the following document (reset documentation).
All new passwords MUST:
- Be at least eight(8) characters in length.
- Not contain the login name or any variation of the login name. (i.e. jdoe to doej) and any reverse or circular shift of that login name.
- Not be set to the previous 2 passwords used.
- Meet at least three (3) of the following four (4) requirements:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
Once you have reset your password and successfully logged into Ocean Connect, we highly recommend registering for our Self-Service Password Reset Feature.
- Your username is usually your first name, followed by an underscore, your last name.
- Your initial password is your 7-digit Student ID number.
- Student ID number is always 7 digits long, and always starts with a 0.
- You can also find your Student ID# by using What’s My OCC Id?
Still need help? Please call the Student Help Desk at 1-866-861-1122