Student Support Services (SSS)
The mission of Student Support Services at Ocean County College is to assist and encourage first-generation college students, low-income college students and/or college students with disabilities through completion of a credential. We operate in a holistic, inclusive, and collaborative environment while delivering services that will immerse students in a challenging and engaging student experience. SSS emboldens students to be self-driven; to discover their own barriers, seek out solutions, and develop a positive mindset in their journey toward success.
How to Apply – Submit a Completed Prescreen Application
Applications are available via this website, email, or in person. Spots are limited!
Do you meet any of these eligibility requirements?
- You are a first generation student*
- You meet federal income guidelines, found on the U.S. Department of Education website
- You are a student with a disability
- You have an academic need (placed into developmental math and/or English, GPA less than 2.5, struggling to pass courses, recommended to SSS by a faculty or staff members, high rate of F & W grades)
* First Generation: parents/guardians did not complete a bachelor’s degree or whose primary custodial parent/guardian did not complete a bachelor’s degree.
Free Program Advantages:
- One-On-One Professional Tutoring
- Academic Planning & Advising—for transfer to a 4-year institution and/or career
- Academic Coaching—keeping you motivated to reach your goals
- Financial Literacy Education—to help you make smart, financial decisions
- Social Engagement & Leadership Development—attend trips and conferences to discover your purpose and build your network
SSS Director – Megan Miskin
Russell Bldg. (7) – R112
SSS Technician – Alexis Lopez
732 255 0400 x2352
Russell Bldg. (7) – R115
SSS Project Specialist – Helen Konz
Russell Bldg. (7) – R111
SSS Academic Coach – Barbara McCormack
Russell Bldg. (7) – R116