The Testing Center administers campus specific exams to current and prospective students as well as distance learning exams, and national standardized tests for the community at large. Tests are administered in a safe, secure and pleasant testing environment with a diverse, well-trained staff that creates a friendly and helpful atmosphere to promote academic and professional satisfaction and achievement. We subscribe to the National College Testing Association’s Professional Standards and Guidelines, we are a member of the NCTA Proctoring Network (NPN), and we are an official New Jersey Department of Education Jurisdictional Testing Site for the High School Equivalency Assessment (HSEA-formerly GED) for those who want to earn a New Jersey High School Diploma.
The following tests are offered on campus and are also available for remote, at-home testing. Schedule your on-campus tests and remote tests at: go.ocean.edu/test.
- Make-up and Accommodation Testing for OCC courses.
- Accuplacer (the OCC Placement tests for English, mathematics, AAF for Pre-Calculus/Calculus)
- *TEAS (Pre-Nursing Test of Essential Academic Skills)
- **Music Theory Placement Test
- Technology Test-Out
- *College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- *Praxis and Praxis Core
- *ETS ParaPro Assessment
*Please note: Remote testing for these exams can only be arranged through the test vendors; you cannot schedule these remote tests through Ocean County College.
**Students who want to enroll into MUSC-181 Theory of Music without having to take MUSC-101 Music Fundamentals, must pass the Music Theory Placement Test.
- This test is offered as a remote, at-home test by appointment only. You can request an appointment for this remote test at: go.ocean.edu/test. Once you have requested your appointment, the Testing Center will contact you to schedule.
Make-Up and Accommodation Testing
- Please review the Student Instructions
- Guarantee yourself a seat: Make an appointment for your test, even for approved paper/pencil make-up tests.
- Photo ID is required for all tests; no exceptions made. Bring your valid driver’s license, your current school ID or your current and signed U.S. passport.