About Math Services
FOR SPRING 2021: Math Services will continue to offer 1-on-1 tutoring sessions for math and physics courses. These tutoring sessions will be conducted through Webex. Instructions for scheduling sessions can be found below. Additionally, students can submit a question through the asynchronous submission form. The link for this form can be found below.
At Mathematics Services OCC and Kean Ocean students can get help with homework, course material, and exam prep for any math or math-based courses. Math Services offers both “synchronous” and “asynchronous” tutoring sessions.
- Synchronous sessions are 1-on-1 with an OCC tutor. The length of each session is approximately 45 minutes. Sessions are conducted via Webex and students will receive an invitation to a Webex conference the day of their session. Students can schedule a maximum of two sessions per course per day, as long as the sessions are not back to back
- Asynchronous tutoring allows for a student to submit their question to an OCC tutor. The tutor will then reach out through email with written and/or video feedback. The form can be found here: Math Services Asynchronous Submission Form
Check out the Math Services Canvas course for more info on synchronous and asynchronous sessions. Instructions for making an appointment are provided in our Canvas course and below. All students are encouraged to join the course.
- Go to Accudemia and login with your Ocean Connect credentials
- Click “Appointments” at the top of the page and then Create New Appointment
- Type “Math Services: Virtual” into the box for Center
- Choose your course from the list shown
- Pick an available time slot
- Leave your student email address, student ID #, and a brief description of what you are working on in the “Notes” section of the appointment before you click “Confirm”
- Click “Confirm”
- You will receive an invitation to your student email on the day of your session. Click the green button in the email to get connected with your tutor.
Note: If students do not leave this information in the “Notes” section then they will not receive an invitation to their tutoring session.
If you are having difficulties making the appointment yourself, please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will assist you in setting up your appointment.
If you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment, please do so in Accudemia at least 12 hours prior to the session start time. Failure to show up to an appointment will be counted as a no-show. Students that accumulate no-shows will be restricted from scheduling their own tutoring sessions.
- Detailed instructions on scheduling tutoring appointments (videos and screenshots)
- Videos on various topics in math
- Links to beneficial outside resources
- Resources created by our own tutors at OCC
- Announcements about workshops developed by Math Services
Join the Math Services Canvas course!
Weekly Remote Tutoring Drop-In Sessions
- MATH-023: Algebra Basics, Tuesdays from 5-6 p.m. Attend the Session
- MATH 151: A Survey of Mathematics, Thursdays from 3-4 p.m Attend the Session
- MATH 156: Introduction to Statistics, Thursdays from 5-6 p.m. Attend the Session
- MATH 161/165: College Algebra, Fridays from 11 a.m.- 12 p.m. Attend the Session