At Mathematics Services OCC and Kean Ocean students can get help with homework, course material, and exam prep for any math or math-based courses.
Students can also access current textbooks, solutions manuals, and computer software.
Mathematics Services’ tutoring hours are now by appointment only. The length of each tutoring session is 45 minutes. Students are limited to one session per course per day. Follow the instructions below to set up an appointment using Accudemia and to see available hours.
Contact Information: Connor Sampson, Operations Coordinator
732-255-0400 ext. 2967.
Instructions For Asynchronous Tutoring
Writing Services offers virtual tutoring! You can submit your assignment online, and a tutor will review it and send your submission back within 48 hours to 72 business hours.
- E-mail your writing assignment to email@example.com
- Please include the following:
- Student ID number
- Instructor’s name
- Course number (ex. ENGL-151)
- A detailed description of your writing assignment
- 2 – 3 questions you have about the assignment
- Whether you want your professor to be notified that you submitted your assignment for review
*Please attach your work as a doc. or docx. file. We are unable to access PDF and Google Drive files*
Instructions For Synchronous Tutoring
- Go to Accudemia and login with your Ocean Connect credentials
- Click “Appointments” at the top of the page and then Create New Appointment
- Type in “Writing Services: Synchronous” in the search box for Center
- Choose your course from the list shown
- Pick an available time slot
- Leave your student email address, student ID #, and a brief description of what you are working on in the “Notes” section of the appointment BEFORE you click “Confirm”
- Click “Confirm”
- You will receive an invite to your student email the day of your session. Click the green button in the email to get connected with your tutor.
Note: if students do not leave this information in the “Notes” section then they will not receive an invite to their tutoring session.
If you are having difficulties making the appointment yourself, please do not hesitate to call 732-255-0400 x2083, and we will assist you in setting up your appointment.
How to Enroll in the Math Services Canvas course
- Login to Ocean Connect
- Click “My Courses”
- Click “Courses,” “All Courses,” and then “Browse More Courses”
- Type “Math Services” and click “Search”
- Click “Join this Course”
- Take advantage of the wonderful resources that our team has put together!