About Math Services
At Mathematics Services OCC and Kean Ocean students can get help with homework, course material, and exam prep for any math or math-based courses. Math Services offers both “synchronous” and “asynchronous” tutoring sessions.
- Synchronous sessions are 1-on-1 with an OCC tutor. The length of each session is approximately 45 minutes. Sessions are conducted via Webex and students will receive an invitation to a Webex conference the day of their session.
- Asynchronous tutoring allows for a student to submit their question to an OCC tutor. The tutor will then reach out through email with written and/or video feedback.
Check out the Math Services Canvas course for more info about synchronous and asynchronous sessions. Instructions for making an appointment are provided in our Canvas course and below. All students are encouraged to join the course.
Questions? Contact Math Services!
For tutoring questions, please call 732-255-0400 ext. 2967.
How to Make an Appointment
- Go to Accudemia and login with your Ocean Connect credentials
- Click “Appointments” at the top of the page and then Create New Appointment
- Type “Math Services: Virtual” into the box for Center
- Choose your course from the list shown
- Pick an available time slot
- Leave your student email address, student ID #, and a brief description of what you are working on in the “Notes” section of the appointment before you click “Confirm”
- Click “Confirm”
- You will receive an invitation to your student email on the day of your session. Click the green button in the email to get connected with your tutor.
Note: If students do not leave this information in the “Notes” section then they will not receive an invitation to their tutoring session.
If you are having difficulties making the appointment yourself, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com, and we will assist you in setting up your appointment.
About the Math Services Canvas Course
- Detailed instructions on scheduling tutoring appointments (videos and screenshots)
- Videos on various topics in math
- Links to beneficial outside resources
- Resources created by our own tutors at OCC
- Announcements about workshops developed by Math Services
Join the Math Services Canvas course!