For the Fall 2022 semester, in-person and online tutoring will be available for the following:
- ALL MATH COURSES (WALK-IN HOURS AVAILABLE MONDAY – THURSDAY 9 AM – 1 PM FOR ALL MATH)
- ENVI-152/232/242 (available on request)
click here for specific information on how to schedule tutoring sessions in TracCloud!
- Login to Ocean Connect
- Click on the button that reads “Tutoring Appointments”; a new window will open with the TracCloud home page
- Locate the box labeled “Schedule an Appointment”
- “Find first available immediately” will already be selected. Choose your course from the drop-down menu and click search
- You will see all available tutoring appointments for that course, with the soonest availabilities at the top. Pay attention to the type of session (1-on-1, group, etc.), if the availability is online only or flexible, and the center of the appointment
- Click on the appointment that you would like to schedule. NOTE: If you do not see the availability that you are looking for, click Report Unable to Find an Appointment and let us know!
- Confirm that the time looks correct, check the box if you would like an online session (if applicable), and let your tutor know what topics you would like to cover in the session
- Click Confirm to save the appointment. A confirmation email will be sent to your OCC student email within a few minutes
- You will join your session through TracCloud. You will receive a notification along the top of TracCloud when your session is ready to join. This will appear starting five minutes before the scheduled start time
- Click on the icon on the right of the notification to join your session
Please be sure that you have the necessary information/materials ready for your session, and that you have specific questions so we can give you A plus tutoring service!
- Access TracCloud through the Ocean Connect menu
- On The TracCloud main menu, you should see your upcoming appointments on the right side
- Click on the X on the appointment that you are trying to cancel
- You should receive an email confirming your cancellation
NOTE: All sessions must be cancelled at least 12 hours in advance. If you are having trouble cancelling your session in TracCloud, please call 732-255-0400 ext. 2431
Asynchronous tutoring allows for a student to submit their question to an OCC tutor. This service is only available for MATH and CSIT courses. The tutor will then reach out through email with written and/or video feedback. Please fill out our Asynchronous Class Tutoring Form to ask your question.
About STEM Center
At The STEM Center, OCC and Kean Ocean students can get help with homework, course material, and exam prep math, physics, biology, chemistry, computer science, environmental science and engineering courses. The STEM Center currently offers in-person, online synchronous, and online asynchronous support (math only for asynchronous). In-person and online synchronous sessions are approximately 45 minutes long. Students are currently limited to one tutoring session per day per course but are welcome to schedule sessions for multiple classes on the same day.
Types of Tutoring
- In-person tutoring sessions take place in the STEM Center, located in the Tutoring Center on the second floor of the Instructional Building (#5), and are appointment only. Students can come to the STEM Center without scheduling an appointment, however, we cannot guarantee that a tutor will be available.
- Online Synchronous tutoring sessions are conducted through Webex. Instructions for scheduling sessions can be found above. Online sessions are by appointment only
- Asynchronous tutoring students can submit a math question through the submission form. The link for this form can be found above
Please schedule all tutoring sessions with the full intent of attending. Students that accumulate three no-shows in a semester will be restricted from scheduling their own sessions and will need to contact the appropriate service area to schedule appointments. Appointments must be cancelled at least 12 hours in advance. This can be done in TracCloud, or by calling 732-255-0400 ext, 2431.
*Supported file types: doc, docx, ppt, pptx, pdf. Maximum file size is 10mb.