The OCC sailing club open to all full time OCC students. NO experience is necessary to join!
The college is committed to providing a first class sailing experience and training ground for our future skippers and crew members in Ocean County.
Join the Sailing Team and learn how to sail and race. OCC has an intercollegiate sailing team that sails against the top four-year schools in the nation.
OCC has acquired 18 new 420s from generous donations from the surrounding community. We have a intercollegiate team that competes in the Middle Atlantic Intercollegiate Sailing Association.
We host both a spring and fall regatta in which eighteen schools compete.
We sail in regattas every weekend in the fall and six weekends in late spring.
We practice three days a week at the Toms River Yacht Club on the Toms River.
In April of 2010 the OCC sailing team qualified and sailed in the MAISA Championship regatta and came in first in three regattas.
We plan to develop clubhouse facilities, acquire floating docks and develop a school of sailing and seamanship in the Mill Creek Park on the Toms River.
Thanks to the generosity of donors like you, our winning Intercollegiate Sailing Program is on its way to success. Your support will insure that our waterfront initiatives continue to flourish for years to come.
Join the Sailing Program!
- The OCC intercollegiate sailing team is open to all full time OCC students (12 credits or more)
- NO experience is necessary to join!
- College sailing is made as simple as possible by design. OCC provides all of the necessary equipment including gear such as life jackets, boots, and spray suits.
- All the collegiate sailor has to do is show up and sail at least once a week to be on the team.
- You must be able to swim
- The OCC sailing team goes to regattas every weekend
We offer a wide variety of student clubs and organizations to suit the diverse needs, interests and backgrounds of our students.