Tutoring is available to all Ocean County College or Kean-Ocean students who are currently enrolled in courses, as well as other students in partnership with OCC.
Tutoring hours and locations vary by subject. Please visit the Tutoring Homepage for the current list of available subjects, or use the navigation links on the left sidebar.
No. Tutoring is free to all currently enrolled OCC or Kean-Ocean students.
This is up to the discretion of the tutoring center. Please ask.
- Writing Services: appointments strongly suggested; walk-in dependent on availability.
- Mathematics Services: walk-in only.
- General Tutoring Services : walk-in only.
For appointment-based tutoring, arrive on time. Students who arrive late may forfeit their appointment.
- Writing Services: 30 minutes is standard
- Mathematics Services: tutoring is not necessarily one-on-one, so a session does not have a predefined amount of time. We ask students to stay for the help they need, but be courteous and understanding that others require assistance as well.
- General Tutoring Services: this is left to the discretion of the tutor
To prepare, bring any assignment information, appropriate textbooks, and any work you have already done for the assignment. Bring questions, too. Make sure to arrive on time if you’ve made an appointment.
Well-trained professionals, paraprofessionals and peer tutors provide tutoring in OCC’s tutoring center.
Writing Services now offers virtual tutoring! You can submit your assignment online, and a tutor will review it and send your submission back within 48 hours (weekdays).
- E-mail your writing assignment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Within the email, provide:
- Your name
- Your instructor’s name
- Your course (ex. ENGL-151)
- Your Student ID number
- A detailed description of your writing assignment
- 2 – 3 questions you have about the assignment
Mathematics Services and General Tutoring Services only offer face-to-face sessions.
No. Writing Services is available to all students who have papers for any subject, including, for example, STATS, COMM, HIST, PHIL, FILM, EDUC, SOCI, BUSN, etc. You may also come to Writing Services for help with college transfer and application essays, scholarship essays, cover letters and resumes.
No. Students in any course that involves math, like physics, nursing and engineering, are welcome to seek assistance at Mathematics Services. Not all mathematics tutors can assist in these areas of science, so please be understanding if you have to wait for a particular tutor to become available.