Due to the COVID-19 outbreak the Tutoring Center is working remotely.
The Tutoring Center offers support through both synchronous and asynchronous sessions. Synchronous sessions are one-on-one with a tutor and are conducted through a web conference. Currently, all of our services have the option of synchronous sessions. For asynchronous sessions, students submit their work and await tutor feedback. Currently, both Math and Writing Services offer asynchronous support.
Click one of the images below for information on how to access our different services.
Study with Classmates
OCC’s new studying app, CircleIn, transforms your class into a digital community and creates a space for you to brainstorm with classmates. The app is designed to help you get organized and study with your classmates remotely ─ while giving you the chance to earn rewards by helping your peers. The more you join in, the more rewards you can win!
ACCT-161 Schedule for PAL (Peer Assisted Learning)
PAL supports all sections of ACCT-161. In addition to the times below, students should also be aware of office hours, another time for questions to be asked. Students should reach out to the PAL directly for the schedule for office hours.
|Tuesday||8 – 9 a.m.||Natalia|
|Tuesday||2 – 3 p.m.||Samantha|
|Tuesday||6 – 7 p.m.||Natalia|
|Wednesday||6 – 7 p.m.||Natalia|
|Thursday||2 – 3 p.m.||Samantha|
The Tutoring Center at Ocean County College is committed to:
- Fostering independent and confident learners;
- Helping students develop the skills needed to succeed and flourish as they advance in their academic, professional, and personal endeavors;
- Working with faculty and other college constituents to understand, develop and improve academic support to supplement class learning;
- Recognizing and respecting the rights and equality of all who seek assistance;
- Providing well-trained professional, paraprofessional and peer academic assistants;
- Providing a comfortable and caring learning-centered environment.
The Tutoring Center provides free and friendly academic support in a wide variety of subjects to supplement your coursework.
Professional, paraprofessional, and peer tutors are well-trained and committed to helping you become independent, confident learners as you complete your degree and enter, or continue in, the workforce.
We look forward to seeing you!
Contact Information: Connor Sampson, Operations Coordinator at 732-255-0400 ext. 2967.