The Tutoring Center provides free and friendly academic support in a wide variety of subjects to supplement your coursework. Professional, paraprofessional, and peer tutors are well-trained and committed to helping you become independent, confident learners as you complete your degree and enter, or continue in, the workforce.
We look forward to seeing you!
For the Summer 2022 semester, in-person sessions are available for all math courses, writing, BIOL-114/119/130/131/161/162/163/232/261/264, CHEM-180/181/182/283/284, CSIT-165/166, ENVI-152/232/242, PHYS-171/172/281/282. Students that arrive at the center without an appointment may be able to work with a tutor if one is available. Walk-in hours for MATH tutoring are Monday – Thursday 9 AM – 1 PM, no appointment necessary!
Online synchronous sessions are one-on-one with a tutor and are conducted through Webex. Currently, all of our centers have the option of synchronous sessions. All of the above courses are also supported online. In addition to the above courses, BIOL-101/265 and ENVI-159 are supported synchronously (online).
- Login to Ocean Connect
- Click on the button that reads “Tutoring Appointments”; a new window for TracCloud will open
- Locate the box labeled “Schedule an Appointment”
- “Find first available immediately” will already be selected. Choose your course from the drop-down menu and click search
- You will see all available tutoring appointments for that course, with the soonest availabilities at the top. Pay attention to the type of session (1-on-1, group, etc.), if the availability is online only or flexible, and the center of the appointment
- Click on the appointment that you would like to schedule. NOTE: If you do not see the availability that you are looking for, click Report Unable to Find an Appointment and let us know!
- Confirm that the time looks correct, check the box if you would like your session to be online (if applicable), and let your tutor know what topics you would like to cover in the session
- Click confirm to save the appointment. A confirmation email will be sent to your OCC student email within a few minutes
- If your session is online, you will join it through TracCloud. You will receive a notification along the top of TracCloud that your session is ready to join. This will happen five minutes before your scheduled start time
- Click the icon on the right of the notification to join your session
- For in-person sessions, the tutoring center is located in the middle of the second floor of building #5 (instructional building)
*Please be sure that you bring all the necessary materials to your session and have specific questions that you would like to discuss during your session
- Access TracCloud through the Ocean Connect menu
- On the TracCloud main menu, you should see your upcoming appointments on the right side of the screen
- Click on the X on the appointment that you wish to cancel. Remember, you will have to cancel at least 12 hours before your scheduled session start time
- Enter your reason for cancellation and click confirm
- You should receive an email confirming the cancellation
- On the right side of the TracCloud home screen, you will see a list of your upcoming appointments. Click on one to bring open the appointment entry window
- Click on the tab that says “document”
- Attach the relevant file and click upload
- Your tutor will be able to access the file on their end from the appointment entry window
Note: Students should attach a file if they are looking to work on a specific paper, test review, worksheet, etc.
- The maximum file size is 20 mb
- Only one file can be uploaded to each appointment
- All file types are supported
Note: If multiple files need to be sent, students can email the appropriate service area
For assistance contact one of the following:
Welcome to the Tutoring Center at Ocean County College! The Tutoring Center provides free and friendly academic support in a wide variety of subjects to supplement your coursework. Professional and peer tutors and academic support leaders are well-trained and committed to helping you become independent, confident learners as you complete your degree and enter, or continue in, the workforce. Students who attend the college are expected to behave in a manner consistent with life at a public academic institution. As representatives of the college, we believe in access and equity for all learners and work diligently to ensure that all students and staff feel safe using our services by enforcing OCC’s Campus Civility statement.
Tutoring Center staff members should treat students respectfully. In turn, students should treat the staff, and students who are working in the Tutoring Center respectfully.
To create a respectful learning environment, the Tutoring Center follows these terms and conditions for all tutoring services. By utilizing Center services, you must uphold OCC’s Campus Civility, which includes abiding by the following terms and conditions:
- Only you (the student) and tutoring staff members, may schedule or cancel tutoring appointments.
- Students will only schedule appointments with the full intent of attending, arrive in a timely manner and will be as prepared as possible for the session. Be as specific as possible about what you (the student) are hoping to achieve in the tutoring session. This includes any necessary items such as text books, assignment instructions, research, drafts, or notes. Three (3) no-shows per semester may result in losing access to scheduling a session on one’s own. Should this happen, students must call 732-255-0400 ext. 2431 for scheduling assistance. Canvas resources and asynchronous support will still be readily available. Please visit our webpage for information on accessing our Canvas courses.
- Tutoring sessions are conducted with students and tutoring staff member(s) only. Friends, family members and/or other guests are not permitted to attend any platform (in-person or virtual).
- Anyone entering the Tutoring Center is to abide by all COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions set forth by the College. Masks are currently optional in the tutoring center and on campus. This policy may change at any time as determined by state and local health guidelines and Ocean County College.
- There is zero tolerance for any form of inappropriate or threatening behavior/language. Students will be asked to leave immediately, and security will be notified.
By continuing to access the Tutoring Center services you agree to continue to uphold OCC’s Campus Civility Statement, as well as the terms stated above.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, you can contact us by calling 732-255-0400 ext. 2883.
If you would like to file a grievance, please click here for more information to do so.
Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to working with you!
Please schedule all tutoring sessions with the full intent of attending. Students that accumulate three no-shows in a semester will be restricted from scheduling their own sessions, and will need to contact the appropriate service area to schedule appointments. Appointments must be cancelled at least 12 hours in advance. This can be done in TracCloud, or by calling 732-255-0400 ext, 2431.
Any course with a writing component (English, History, Psychology, etc.)
NO SUPPORT FOR SUMMER 2022 (ASLN-100/103 IN FALL 2022)
ACCT-161 (PAL will return in FALL 2022!)
ASLN-162, ASLN-165, PHYS-281