OCC and Kean Ocean students are welcome to use Writing Services for help with papers, research, presentations and reading for any course. Well-trained Writing Consultants are available to assist at any step of the process, from brainstorming to final editing, from MLA and APA paper formats to research steps.
We offer both synchronous and asynchronous options for tutoring. Synchronous tutoring sessions are 45 minutes long. Students can book one appointment per course per day. Please see below on how to access both of our services.
If you are having difficulties setting up an appointment, please call 732-255-0400 ext. 2431.
For general questions regarding tutoring, please call 732-255-0400 ext. 2967
Instructions For Asynchronous Tutoring
Writing Services offers virtual tutoring! You can submit your assignment online, and a tutor will review it and send your submission back within 48 hours to 72 business hours.
- Complete our Asynchronous Tutoring Writing Submission Form
- You’ll be asked to provide the following:
- Student ID number
- Instructor’s name
- Course number (ex. ENGL-151)
- A detailed description of your writing assignment
- 2 – 3 questions you have about the assignment
- Upload your work as a doc. or docx. file. We are unable to access PDF and Google Drive files
Instructions For Synchronous Tutoring
- Go to Accudemia and login with your Ocean Connect credentials
- Click “Appointments” at the top of the page and then Create New Appointment
- Type in “Writing Services: Synchronous” in the search box for Center
- Choose your course from the list shown
- Pick an available time slot
- Leave your student email address, student ID #, and a brief description of what you are working on in the “Notes” section of the appointment BEFORE you click “Confirm”
- Click “Confirm”
- You will receive an invite to your student email the day of your session. Click the green button in the email to get connected with your tutor.
Note: if students do not leave this information in the “Notes” section then they will not receive an invite to their tutoring session.
If you are having difficulties making the appointment yourself, please do not hesitate to call 732-255-0400 x2083, and we will assist you in setting up your appointment.
How to Enroll in the Writing Services Canvas Course
- Login to Ocean Connect
- Click “My Courses”
- Click “Courses,” “All Courses,” and then “Browse More Courses”
- Type “Writing Services” and click “Search”
- Click “Join this Course”
- Take advantage of the wonderful resources that our team has put together!
Alternatively, you can join the Writing Services Canvas course by using this link.
Writing Services support:
- Ocean Courses
- Kean Courses
- Scholarship Essays
- Creative Writing
- Writing Skills
- MLA and APA
- Chicago Style
- … and more!