FOR SPRING 2021: Writing tutors are available throughout the semester to assist with English courses as well as any courses with a writing component (history, psychology, etc.). Students have the option to work with a tutor synchronously or asynchronously. Additional information, including instructions for scheduling sessions, can be found below.
OCC and Kean Ocean students are welcome to use Writing Services for help with papers, research, presentations, and reading for any course. Well-trained Writing Consultants are available to assist at any step of the process, from brainstorming to final editing, from MLA and APA paper formats to research steps.
We offer both synchronous and asynchronous options for tutoring. Synchronous tutoring sessions are 45 minutes long. Students can book a maximum of two appointments per course per day, as long as the appointments are not back to back. Please see below on how to access both of our services.
If you are having difficulties setting up an appointment, please call 732-255-0400 ext. 2431.
For general questions regarding tutoring, please call 732-255-0400 ext. 2967
- Complete our Asynchronous Tutoring Writing Submission Form
- You’ll be asked to provide the following:
- Student ID number
- Instructor’s name
- Course number (ex. ENGL-151)
- A detailed description of your writing assignment
- 2 – 3 questions you have about the assignment
- Upload your work as a doc. or docx. file. We are unable to access PDF and Google Drive files
- Go to Accudemia and login with your Ocean Connect credentials
- Click “Appointments” at the top of the page and then Create New Appointment
- Type in “Writing Services: Synchronous” in the search box for Center
- Choose your course from the list shown
- Pick an available time slot
- Leave your student email address, student ID #, and a brief description of what you are working on in the “Notes” section of the appointment BEFORE you click “Confirm”
- Click “Confirm”
- You will receive an invite to your student email the day of your session. Click the green button in the email to get connected with your tutor.
Note: if students do not leave this information in the “Notes” section then they will not receive an invite to their tutoring session.
If you are having difficulties making the appointment yourself, please do not hesitate to call 732-255-0400 x2083, and we will assist you in setting up your appointment.
If you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment, please do so in Accudemia at least 12 hours prior to the session start time. Failure to show up to an appointment will be counted as a no-show. Students that accumulate no-shows will be restricted from scheduling their own tutoring sessions.
- Login to Ocean Connect
- Click “My Courses”
- Click “Courses,” “All Courses,” and then “Browse More Courses”
- Type “Writing Services” and click “Search”
- Click “Join this Course”
- Take advantage of the wonderful resources that our team has put together!
Alternatively, you can join the Writing Services Canvas course by using this link.
Take your writing to the next level with the Tutoring Center’s workshop series!
Learn how and where to submit your creative writing for possible publication.
Friday, April 23 at 11 a.m.
Join the Event
Writing Services support:
- Ocean Courses
- Kean Courses
- Scholarship Essays
- Creative Writing
- Writing Skills
- MLA and APA
- Chicago Style
- … and more!