Academic School Scholarships
School of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)
- Socol Award – Through contributions from the Ocean County College Faculty, $500 is awarded to an outstanding student in Mathematics. This award is in memory of Dr. Albert Socol who was a Full-Time Math Faculty from 1966 until his death in 1984.
School of Arts and Humanities
- Catherine DonDiego Memorial – $2,000 awarded to a freshman student at OCC with at least a 3.5 GPA who was planning to major in the Humanities.
- Charles J. Abeles Memorial – $100 awarded to a student demonstrating outstanding aptitude in languages, literature or Philosophy.
- Judith A. Laurie Memorial – $200 awarded to a student demonstrating excellence in the pursuit of the Spanish language.
- Ocean County Cultural and Heritage Art – $500 awarded to an outstanding student int he field of Art.
- Pauline S. Miller – $500 awarded by the Ocean County Cultural and Heritage Society to an outstanding student in the field of History.
- Sheldon Linz Memorial Award – $250 awarded to an outstanding Photography/Visual Arts major.
- John Morrison Memorial Scholarship Award – $250 awarded to a graduating student transferring to a four year institution who has been an active participant of the Speech and Theatre Club and/or participated in OCC’s Performing Arts programs.
- Laverne Weigold Memorial Award – $250 awarded to outstanding students demonstrating scholarship abilities and an interest in some area of the Humanities.
- The Charles Read Memorial Music Scholarship – $100 awarded to a graduating student transferring to a four year institution with at least a 3.0 GPA majoring in music.
- Frank Richetti Sr. Memorial Scholarship – $500 awarded to a graduating student transferring to a four year institution with a preference in music education or a performance major with at least a 3.5 GPA.
School of Social Science and Human Services
Supplementing scholarship programs available to the general student body, additional scholarships exist for students studying within particular disciplines.
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Fire Science
- Legal Assistant
- Political Science
- Real Estate
Please note: Awards are subject to change.