Established in 2004, New Jersey Student Tuition Assistance Reward Scholarship Program (NJ STARS) is a state scholarship that covers up to five (5) semesters of tuition at your local community college.
State Fact Sheets – Eligibility and Benefits
- For June 2018 High School Graduates (PDF)
- For June 2017 High School Graduates (PDF)
- For June 2016 High School Graduates (PDF)
- For June 2015 High School Graduates (PDF)
- For June 2014 High School Graduates (PDF)
NJ STARS Preparation Checklist
2018-2019 Additional NJ STARS Forms
Prior Year Forms
2017-2018 Ocean County College Links & Forms
- Application for Admission
- Ocean County College Self-Identification of NJ STARS Status (PDF)
- How to apply for a Student Loan
- Scholarship Information
F.A.F.S.A Filing Now Open!
O.P.E.N. Workshops – click for more information – then click below to register.
- Requesting an IRS Tax Return Transcript
- Sample of an IRS Tax Return Transcript
- Sample of Schedule E
- Sample of an IRS Tax Return Transcript and Schedule E
- How to answer New Jersey State Additional Questions
- How to Check Your Status in Your HESAA Student Portal
FAFSA filing for the 2018-2019 academic year is available from October 1st, 2017 – use your 2016 tax information to complete the form.
Past NJ STARS
Graduates of the NJ Stars program have transferred to major colleges and universities in New Jersey and beyond.