Requirements and Instructions
- Applicant must be an Ocean County resident.
- Applicant must upload a photocopy of Driver’s License or Non-Driver’s License obtainable through the Division of Motor Vehicles to certify In-County residency.
- Student ID is not acceptable.
- Address on license must match the address on file at Ocean County College.
- Applicant must be registered and enrolled in an OCC degree program.
- If not currently enrolled, please complete an Ocean County College Application for Admission prior to applying for scholarships.
- Applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Please note that some scholarships may require additional eligibility requirements.
- All applicants must file the 2018-19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Even if students are not eligible for federal financial aid (Pell Grant and loans), they still must complete in order to determine income levels and financial need.
- A transcript of grades.
- Unofficial copies are acceptable.
- If 10 years or more have lapsed since student’s most recent educational experience, please contact the foundation office at email@example.com for information on how to complete this question on the application.
- A photocopy of applicants Driver’s License or Non-Driver’s License obtainable through the Division of Motor Vehicles must be attached to certify in-county residency.
- A student ID is not acceptable.
- The address on the Driver’s License must match the address on application and on file with the College.
- All applicants must provide an essay clearly stating why he or she should receive a scholarship, keeping in mind, what distinguishes his/her need from others and sets them apart and also how they will benefit from receipt.
- Essay must be at least 250 words.
- One reference questionnaire from a professional or volunteer who knows the applicant personally must be submitted (i.e. professor/teacher, employer, counselor, coach).
- Students will email their reference through the online system to get their reference questionnaire completed. It is the students responsibility for ensuring that the reference provider completes this request prior to the deadline.
- Failure to comply with these guidelines and requirements will result in rejection of student’s application.
- Submitting an application is in no way a guarantee that a scholarship will be awarded.
- The Foundation does not award scholarships to students receiving financial aid grants that fully fund their direct educational expenses (tuition & fees only). The amount of any scholarship will be determined after all federal and state grant aid has been deducted from the student’s direct educational expenses (tuition & fees only).
- NJ STARS students are not eligible for OCC Foundation scholarships unless they are a NJ STARS student taking more than 18 credits. The Foundation will consider paying for the additional credits for tuition only.
- Kean University students, including those taking OCC classes, are not eligible for OCC Foundation scholarships.
- Ocean County College employees and their dependents are not eligible for OCC Foundation scholarships. In addition, per IRS rules, OCC Foundation Board Members and their family members are not eligible for OCC Foundation scholarships.
- Jump Start students are not eligible OCC Foundation scholarships.
Scholarship Payment Information
- Scholarships are applied to tuition & fees only.
- Scholarship awards are paid directly to the students’ accounts at Ocean County College. Should a student have a balance, the scholarship will go directly to pay down the balance. If there are any remaining funds, the student will receive payment at the end of the semester.
- Scholarship dollar amounts are contingent upon full-time enrollment. Any student taking less than 12 credits will have their scholarship prorated, unless otherwise noted by the donor.
- After the first day of classes, any student dropping a course is at risk of having their scholarship prorated. Scholarship funds are not released until after the drop date. The student will be held responsible for any resulting balance.
- The OCC Foundation reserves the right to deny future funding to any student who drops courses which they cannot be held accountable for or any student who fails to complete a course without dropping.
Scholarship Application Deadlines
Fall 2019: Open March 6, 2019 – August 16, 2019