What is EOF?
The Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) is a state-funded program designed to assist low-income New Jersey residents who are capable and motivated, but lack adequate preparation for college study.
EOF supports a wide array of campus-based outreach and support services at 28 public and many private colleges and universities in New Jersey. Ocean County College is one of 19 participating community colleges.
For more information or to make an appointment, contact the EOF Office at 732-255-0400 ext 2026 or at email@example.com
EOF Mission: To provide access to higher education.
Through access to higher education we strive to improve quality of life, advance economic promise, and encourage achievement through advocacy and advisement, equipping students with academic, career and social skills to engage fully in life’s journey.
Am I Eligible?
- Are you eligible for financial aid?
- Have you been a New Jersey resident for 12 months or longer?
- Is this your first time in college?
- Do you or your family have a history of low income?
- Are you the first in your family to go to college?
- Are or were you eligible for the Free/Reduced Lunch program or other government assistance program?
- Are you or do you intend to be a full-time student (12 credits or more)?
- Do you need and/or are you enrolled in developmental courses?
If you are able to answer “Yes” to two or more of these questions, you may be eligible. Download an EOF application (PDF), print and mail completed application to the EOF office at the address provided above, or feel free to stop in.
- Dependency Status Questionnaire
- Application for Dependent Students – PDF fillable form*
- Application for Independent Students – PDF fillable form*