Spring 2022 OCC Career Fairs
Students and alumni should attend both events dressed to impress and ready to network with employers. Career Services has a variety of workshops to help you properly prepare for both fairs. Find our full list of workshops and register below!
Wednesday, March 2 from 1 to 5 p.m.
The Career & Internship Fair will be held virtually on Handshake for students and alumni from all majors. The Fair is a great networking opportunity for anyone looking to connect with industry professionals and enhance their job and internship search. Participants will meet with local, regional, and national employers in 1:1 and group sessions to learn about internship, full-time, and part-time opportunities. There will be both work-from-home and in-person opportunities available. Employers representing corporate, government, and non-profit sectors from a variety of industries will be in attendance. Please note that registration for employers is an ongoing process, so check Handshake often for an updated list!
Tuesday, April 5 from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
in the Health and Physical Education Center – Bldg. #29 (Gym)
The Part-Time Job Fair will be held outside on the campus mall at the Ocean County College main campus in Toms River, New Jersey. This event is for students and alumni from all majors to meet with local employers to discuss immediate opportunities, such as part-time jobs, seasonal work, and internships. Employers representing corporate, government, and non-profit sectors from a variety of industries will be in attendance. Please note that registration for employers is an ongoing process, so check Handshake often for an updated list! Due to the impending weather forecast, the event will be held inside The Health and Physical Education Center, Gym Bldg. #29.
Welcome to Career Services at OCC!
Our mission is to assist students in setting a course to professional success. We offer a number of career resources to help you find a career in this changing and growing job market. Let’s get you on the path to the career you always wanted.
Find a Career path that is right for you with Focus 2. A career planning process and assessment identifier that matches user’s personal attributes and how to be career ready! Begin developing your personalized career and education plans. To get started, login through Ocean Connect, Focus 2 can be found there.
Find out more at Career Services here on Ocean County College Campus!
For more information contact:
Discover careers based on your Personality, Interest, Skills, and Values. Get started with MyPlan. This tool helps students make well-informed decisions about their education and careers, tailored to fit you as an individual.
- Set up your account today! Use the following license code to access your free career assessment tests: 2ABAQGQF
- If you need assistance, or would like to schedule an appointment to review the results and discuss how they apply to you, your major or career choice, please contact Career Services , 732-255-0400 ext. 2349.
Also check out:
What can I do with this major? Explore majors and career options that interest you.
Learn how to effectively and efficiently search for jobs and internships, develop your interview skills, craft an elevator pitch, and master the art of networking.
Join the Career Services group on the Ocean County College app to stay up to date with local job and internship postings, services, and events.
Email all up-to-date hiring flyers to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will post them on the OCC app and distribute them to respective students.
Are you interested in speaking to a classroom or student organization? Please email: email@example.com and let us know!
Employers will be tabling in the Larson Student Center, Bldg. #8, throughout the semester, to recruit and network with students.
Stop by from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm to speak with a representative, network with company staff, learn about their organization, and discover current job opportunities.
Month of October
|Wednesday, October 4||Garden State Community Bank|
|Tuesday, October 10||Army|
|Wednesday, October 11||Spring Oaks Senior Living|
|Tuesday, October 17||Army|
|Wednesday, October 18||PRIMERICA|
|Tuesday, October 24||LADACIN Network|
|Wednesday, October 25||Soleil Tan|
Career Services FAQ
OCC Career Services is dedicated to ensuring our students have the best information possible upon graduating from our school. Here you will find career fair information, career workshops, networking events, and more. Career services works with employers to provide tabling opportunities, outreach via flyers with hiring opportunities, classroom presentations, and connection to our student body for potential opportunities. Contact career services for more information!
OCC Career Services works to make sure our students and alumni have the best understanding of career paths and options upon entering the workforce. Our career advisors work to direct students towards a suitable career path while earning their degrees. After graduating from Ocean County College, students will understand potential career options and where to continue their professional development.
Career Advisors can help with:
- Resume and cover letter writing.
- Finding local internship and employment opportunities.
- Effective job searching.
- Practice for professional presentations by performing mock interviews.
Career Services 732-255-0400 x2349 firstname.lastname@example.org
FORMATTING & APPEARANCE
Margins: 0.6” – 1” consistent on all four sides
Font Type: Times New Roman, Cambria, Garamond or other “serif” font
Font Size: Name: Bolded and slightly larger (up to size 16pt. font); Body: 11 to 12pt. font
Length: 1 page for most undergraduate resumes (depending on experience)
Reverse Chronological Order: List your most recent experience first under Education and Experience headings
- Name, Address, Phone Number, Email, LinkedIn URL
Only include institutions that you have received a degree from
- List majors and minors
- Type of Degree (Associate of Arts), Month and Year of Graduation or Expected Graduation
- GPA: list if 3.0 or above
Include jobs, internships, volunteer and field experiences relevant to your field of interest
WORK EXPERIENCE or OTHER EXPERIENCE
Include part-time or full-time jobs
- Incorporate specific accomplishments and skills transferable to your field of interest such as communication, time management, problem solving, administrative, etc.
This section can include skills that set you apart from other candidates
- Computer and/or Social Media Skills: Microsoft systems, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Language Skills: Specify the language and whether or not you can speak, read and/or write it
- Certifications: CPR, AED, First Aid, ServSafe, etc., (all certifications listed should be current)
- Volunteer: campus clubs, walkathons, fundraisers, organized food or clothing drives, etc.
- Professional Organizations: include organizations you belong to
- Activities: campus clubs, community or campus sports and/or coaching
- Honors and Awards: academic, community or athletic awards or honors
- Leadership: leadership role in a club or organization; sports team captain or coach
- Related Coursework: related to your field of interest
Toms River, NJ
Ocean County College, Toms River, NJ Expected May 2024
Associate in Science in Business Administration with Health Administration Concentration
- GPA: 3.89, Pi Beta Lambda Honor Society
Introduction to Health Administration – brief description of project or presentation
Business Law I – brief description of project or presentation
Introduction to Public Health – brief description of project or presentation
Hackensack Meridian Health, Brick, NJ May 2018 – Present
- Schedule patients through system database and respond to any scheduling inquiries
- Process new patient paperwork through internal system
- Follow activities related to the policies and procedures
Ocean County College, Toms River, NJ January 2019 – Present
- Triage for student population in between majors and students needing career services
- Schedule appointments for students’ academic advisement
- Refer students to academic curriculum and two-year plan sheets for specific major requirements
Novartis Pharmaceuticals, East Hanover, NJ May 2017 – August 2017
- Supported and contributed to the annual budget planning process, including analysis, preparation, and consolidation of financial data
- Completed budget variance analysis and identifying key business drivers including written business performance commentary
Ocean County College, Student Government Association October 2018 – Present
Class Treasurer and Finance Committee Representative
- Regularly monitor and prepare budgets for the SGA strengthening areas in finance, internal audit, and project management
- Computer and/or Social Media Skills: Microsoft systems, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Certifications: CPR – certification good through May 2024
Heading – Use the same heading as your resume (contact information section)
Name of Person & Title
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Dr./Mr./Ms. :
Introduction: State the reason for writing. Name the specific position, or type of work for which you are applying. (Mention the resource used in finding out about the opening/company: news media, friend, faculty, if appropriate.)
Body: The body of the cover letter can be one or two paragraphs. One paragraph can be about the research you have done on the organization. In other words, explain why you are interested in working for that employer and what attracted you to this position.
The other paragraph can highlight your skills and abilities – what sets you apart from the other candidates and most importantly what your qualifications are (academic background, work experience, personal skills) that are related to the job you are seeking. Point out achievements that relate to the field and why you enjoy that work. Refer the reader to the enclosed resume and application.
Closing: Indicate your desire for an interview. Thank the employer for their time and consideration.