The mission of Student Support Services at Ocean County College is to assist and encourage first-generation college students, low-income college students and/or college students with disabilities through completion of a credential. We operate in a holistic, inclusive, and collaborative environment while delivering services that will immerse students in a challenging and engaging student experience. SSS emboldens students to be self-driven; to discover their own barriers, seek out solutions, and develop a positive mindset in their journey toward success.
How to Apply
Submit a Completed Prescreen Application!
Applications are available via this website, email, or in person. Spots are limited!
Do you meet any of these eligibility requirements?
- You are a first generation student*
- You meet federal income guidelines, found on the U.S. Department of Education website
- You are a student with a disability
- You have an academic need (placed into developmental math and/or English, GPA less than 2.5, struggling to pass courses, recommended to SSS by a faculty or staff members, high rate of F & W grades)
* First Generation: parents/guardians did not complete a bachelor’s degree or whose primary custodial parent/guardian did not complete a bachelor’s degree.
Free Program Advantages:
- One-On-One Professional Tutoring
- Academic Planning & Advising—for transfer to a 4-year institution and/or career
- Academic Coaching—keeping you motivated to reach your goals
- Financial Literacy Education—to help you make smart, financial decisions
- Social Engagement & Leadership Development—attend trips and conferences to discover your purpose and build your network
Unless otherwise noted, Ocean County College Student Support Services (SSS) events and activities are only open to SSS participants.
|Get Connected Events* (All SSS Students must attend one Get Connected Event)
All are held in the SSS Community Room
|Financial Aid Workshops|
|Social /Cultural Events (Please contact us for dates and more information)
All SSS Students must meet with their SSS Academic Advisor (Briana Cerbone) before registering.
SSS Priority Registration for Spring 2023 begins November 7, 2022. Make your advising appointment ASAP.
All Activities noted with (*) fulfill a requirement of the Student Support Services program.
Student Support Services Club
The Student Support Service Club, open to all OCC students, is tailored specifically for participants in the SSS Program. The purpose of the club is to emphasize the attainment of leadership skills, attain a sense of community and connectedness, as well as provide opportunities for community involvement and outreach.
SSS Office Staff
Student Support Services Director
732-255-0400 ext. 2138
Russell Bldg. (#7) Room 112
Student Support Services Coordinator
Russell Bldg. (#7) Room 111
Student Support Services Specialist
732-255-0400 x 539
Russell Bldg. (#7) Room 113
Student Support Services Academic Coach
Russell Bldg. (#7) Room 116