The mission of Student Support Services at Ocean County College is to assist and encourage first-generation college students, low-income college students and/or college students with disabilities through completion of a credential. We operate in a holistic, inclusive, and collaborative environment while delivering services that will immerse students in a challenging and engaging student experience. SSS emboldens students to be self-driven; to discover their own barriers, seek out solutions, and develop a positive mindset in their journey toward success.
How to Apply
Submit a Completed Prescreen Application!
Applications are available via this website, email, or in person. Spots are limited!
Summer Orientation Program:
Please join us on Thursday, August 25th in the Russell Building (#7) – Check in is at 9:30 am Event begins at 10:00 am.
Activities will include: Staff Introductions, Review of SSS Program Requirements, Motivational Magician Brian Miller, Campus Tours, Tie Dye and more!
Attendance is limited to current SSS students.
Do you meet any of these eligibility requirements?
- You are a first generation student*
- You meet federal income guidelines, found on the U.S. Department of Education website
- You are a student with a disability
- You have an academic need (placed into developmental math and/or English, GPA less than 2.5, struggling to pass courses, recommended to SSS by a faculty or staff members, high rate of F & W grades)
* First Generation: parents/guardians did not complete a bachelor’s degree or whose primary custodial parent/guardian did not complete a bachelor’s degree.
Free Program Advantages:
- One-On-One Professional Tutoring
- Academic Planning & Advising—for transfer to a 4-year institution and/or career
- Academic Coaching—keeping you motivated to reach your goals
- Financial Literacy Education—to help you make smart, financial decisions
- Social Engagement & Leadership Development—attend trips and conferences to discover your purpose and build your network
Cultural Trips and 4 Year College/University Tours
We plan cultural trips and 4 year college/university tours throughout the year. If you are interested in any of the following trips/university tours, contact SSS staff at 732.255.0400 ext. 2352.
Unless otherwise noted, Ocean County College Student Support Services (SSS) events and activities are only open to SSS participants.
Student Support Services Club
The Student Support Service Club, open to all OCC students, is tailored specifically for participants in the SSS Program. The purpose of the club is to emphasize the attainment of leadership skills, attain a sense of community and connectedness, as well as provide opportunities for community involvement and outreach.
SSS Office Staff
Student Support Services Program Director
732-255-0400 ext. 2138
Russell Bldg. (#7) Room 112
Student Support Services Project Coordinator
Russell Bldg. (#7) Room 111
Student Support Services Specialist
732-255-0400 x 2352
Russell Bldg. (#7) Room 113
Student Support Services Academic Coach
Russell Bldg. (#7) Room 116