College Pathways Program supports and assists high school seniors with the transition to college – regardless of where they choose to attend. The program is designed to eliminate barriers to college entrance through discussions on:
- The college selection process
- College applications
- Funding college and financial aid
- FAFSA completion
- College placement testing
- Career, degree planning, and advisement
The College Pathways Program allows high school seniors to make confident, informed choices about their futures and receive guaranteed lifetime acceptance to OCC.
Speak with your Guidance Counselor for more information on how to attend an Express Enrollment Day at OCC!
- April 19th: Donovan Catholic High School
- April 21st: Central Regional High School
- April 25th: Lakewood High School
- April 26th: Brick Township High School
- April 26th: Brick Memorial High School
- April 27th: Point Pleasant Borough High School
- April 28th: Manchester Township High School
- May 12th: Barnegat High School
- May 17th: Point Pleasant Beach High School
- May 18th: Central Regional High School
- May 19th: Jackson Liberty High School
- May 19th: Jackson Memorial High School
- May 23rd: Lacey Township High School
- May 25th: Toms River East High School
- May 30th: Toms River North High School
- May 31st: Toms River South High School
Frequently Asked Questions
College Pathways is a resource available to all Ocean County high school seniors. During the Fall 2021 semester, we were able to visit 14 high schools for our “College 101” presentation.
This presentation provides an overview of the college enrollment process, regardless of where a student wants to attend. This gives all students the necessary foundation to begin their own college search!
No! While we do encourage applying to OCC as part of the Pathways program, there is absolutely no commitment to enroll.
Welcome to Ocean County College! During the beginning of this school year, OCC will visit your high school and assist you with your next steps of applying to college.
You are able to apply to OCC at any time. Our application has no fee, no essay, and no letters of recommendation.
If you plan to attend college September 2023, we recommend submitting your 2023-24 FAFSA, as soon as possible. This opens on October 1, 2022!
As the next step in Pathways, you will be able to attend a Spring “Express Enrollment Days” at OCC. This will allow participating districts the opportunity to visit our campus, take a campus tour, and register in Fall 2023 courses!
You can talk with your guidance counselors for further information, or contact Melissa Sporer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 732-255-0400 ext. 2134.
Don’t forget to submit your 2022-23 FAFSA, as soon as possible (it’s open now)!
Keep in mind that National Decision Day is May 1st – you should accept or decline your admission to any four-year school by this date.
You are always welcome to visit OCC in the summer for a few courses! As long as your course selection(s) are approved by your home institution, OCC’s summer classes are a great way to complete credits at an affordable rate.