College Pathways Program supports and assists high school seniors with the transition to college – regardless of where they choose to attend. The program is designed to eliminate barriers to college entrance through discussions on:
- The college selection process
- College applications
- Funding college and financial aid
- FAFSA completion
- College placement testing
- Career, degree planning, and advisement
The College Pathways Program allows high school seniors to make confident, informed choices about their futures and receive guaranteed lifetime acceptance to OCC.
College Pathways Visits
- October 3 – Brick Memorial
- October 4 – Brick Township
- October 6 – Toms River North
- October 10 – Barnegat Township
- October 13 – Pinelands Regional
- October 14 – Central Regional
- October 17 – Pinelands Regional
- October 18 – Manchester Township
- October 19 – Manchester Township
- October 25 – Lakewood Township
- October 26 – Lakewood Township
- October 27 – Lacey Township
- October 28 – Lacey Township
- December 5 – Jackson Liberty
- December 6 – Jackson Memorial
Frequently Asked Questions
College Pathways is a resource available to all Ocean County high school seniors. During the Fall 2021 semester, we were able to visit 14 high schools for our “College 101” presentation.
This presentation provides an overview of the college enrollment process, regardless of where a student wants to attend. This gives all students the necessary foundation to begin their own college search!
No! While we do encourage applying to OCC as part of the Pathways program, there is absolutely no commitment to enroll.
Welcome to Ocean County College! During the beginning of this school year, OCC will visit your high school and assist you with your next steps of applying to college.
You are able to apply to OCC at any time. Our application has no fee, no essay, and no letters of recommendation.
If you plan to attend college September 2023, we recommend submitting your 2023-24 FAFSA, as soon as possible. This opens on October 1, 2022!
As the next step in Pathways, you will be able to attend a Spring “Express Enrollment Days” at OCC. This will allow participating districts the opportunity to visit our campus, take a campus tour, and register in Fall 2023 courses!
You can talk with your guidance counselors for further information, or contact Melissa Sporer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 732-255-0400 ext. 2134.
Don’t forget to submit your 2022-23 FAFSA, as soon as possible (it’s open now)!
Keep in mind that National Decision Day is May 1st – you should accept or decline your admission to any four-year school by this date.
You are always welcome to visit OCC in the summer for a few courses! As long as your course selection(s) are approved by your home institution, OCC’s summer classes are a great way to complete credits at an affordable rate.