Terms and conditions of the Membership Application are subject to change at the sole discretion of Ocean County College. For additional information, call the Academy for Lifelong learning at 732-255-0409.
What is going on with the Pool?
We are very pleased to announce that, although the OCC Pool has closed on August 15, the College will continue to offer pool access at no charge through the Ocean County YMCA.
Beginning with the fall 2015 semester, the Ocean County YMCA has opened its facilities to alumni, employees, students, and Academy for Lifelong Learning members at no charge. Open Swim time is Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., in the 12 lane pool. To access the YMCA’s pool, interested individuals must provide current OCC identification, sign a YMCA Guest Waiver, and wear a YMCA Wrist Band. Access will be restricted to the 12 lane pool and locker room area only.
Note: The College will be sharing the pool with YMCA members so lane availability may be limited. The YMCA will review how this special program is working at the conclusion of the spring semester.
Ocean County College is very appreciative of the Ocean County YMCA’s offer to assist us in providing a seamless transition for all College constituents looking to continue their love of swimming. If you would like more information on the Ocean County YMCA, please visit http://www.ocymca.org/.
Thank you for your ongoing support, and please spread the word about the new YMCA/OCC partnership!
Academy for Lifelong Learning
The Academy for Lifelong Learning provides quality education programs for adults 55 and over to enhance their intellectual, physical, and personal well being. Individuals at least 55 years of age may activate a membership in the Academy for Lifelong Learning and receive all membership benefits. Academy for Lifelong Learning membership is free for individuals who are at least 55 years of age.
Membership has its benefits.....
Academy for Lifelong Learning membership is free for individuals who are at least 55 years of age.
Membership benefits include:
- Be the first to receive information on OCC's special events and programs
- Discounts, special offers, and incentives; at no cost to you, at local, regional and national business when you use your Ocean County College Reward Card.
- Pool Privileges during Open Swim at the Ocean County YMCA
- Discounts at the Jay and Linda Grunin Center for the Arts for selected performances
- Discounts at the Robert J. Novins Planetarium
- Discounts through the Garden State Philharmonic performances.
- Discounts to movie tickets purchased at the Student Life Office
- Use of Ocean County College’s tennis courts (based on availability)
- Free attendance at OCC sporting events (Playoffs are excluded)
- Academy Rewards discounts at local business
- Opportunity for trips sponsored by OCC’s Student Life and listed in What's Happening
Reduced Tuition for Seniors
Ocean County residents, 65 years of age or more, who are fully retired may enroll in credit courses on a space-available basis at a reduced rate (not including textbooks).
Registrations will only be accepted the day before classes begin for the semester.
For more information please contact the Registration & Records office at 732.255.0404.