This general business career preparation curriculum is designed to qualify students for entry-level positions in business, nonprofit organizations and government organizations. Graduates can expect to find employment as a bookkeeper, manager in retailing, office manager, bank teller/loan officer trainee, sales/marketing person, and small business owner.
Students will complete the Business Core Requirements, General Education
Requirements and enough elective courses to acquire 64 credits and earn the Associate in Applied Science degree in Business.
The A.A.S. Business degree is designed as a career, not transfer, program.
- ACCT 161 Principles of Accounting I (3 Credits)
- ACCT 162 Principles of Accounting II (3 Credits)
- BUSN 131 Introduction to Business Administration (3 Credits)
- BUSN 134 Principles of Marketing (3 Credits)
- BUSN 151 Introduction to Human Resource Management (3 Credits)
- BUSN 210 Business Communications (3 Credits)
- BUSN 220 Career Management and Professional Behav (3 Credits)
- BUSN 251 Business Law I (3 Credits)
- BUSN 252 Business Law II (3 Credits)
- BUSN 271 Principles of Management (3 Credits)
- CSIT 123 Integrated Office Software (3 Credits)
- ECON 151 Macroeconomic Principles (3 Credits)
- ECON 152 Microeconomics Principles (3 Credits)
- ENGL 151 English I (3 Credits)
- ENGL 152 English II (3 Credits)
1 of the following 2 Communications courses is required:
- Lab Science Gen. Ed. Requirement (4 Credits): Courses satisfying this requirement must be taken from the list of Approved General Education Lab Science courses (course type: GSCL).
- Mathematics Gen Ed (3 Credits): Courses satisfying this requirement must be taken from the list of Approved General Education Mathematics courses (course type: GMAT).
- BUSINESS PROGRAM ELECTIVES (6 Credits):
- ACCT-121 Fundamentals of Accounting (3 Credits)
BUSN-170 Small Business Management (3 Credits)
BUSN-270 Principles of Advertising (3 Credits)
BUSN-272 Principles of Investments (3 Credits)
BUSN-275 Principles of Finance (3 Credits)
BUSN-291 International Business (3 Credits)
CSIT-126 Intermediate Spreadsheets & Database (3 Credits)
HUMN-210 Leadership and the Humanities (3 Credits)
LAAW-108 Introduction to Employment Law (3 Credits)
For more information
CAREERS IN BUSINESS
Have you already applied for this degree?
Current students are encouraged to use curriculum guides, along with their Student Planning Degree Audit (My Progress Screen), to help make educated, accurate choices when selecting courses.
honors by contract
A wide range of courses are available for students to participate in OCC’s “Honors by Contract” Program!
Official* 2017-2018 Catalog
Our interactive catalog is updated throughout the year.
*Course requirements for degrees can and do change over time. Students are responsible for fulfilling the degree requirements that are in effect when they begin pursuing the degree at the college.