The Certificate Program in Accounting is designed to provide students with detailed and robust courses offered in the profession of accounting.
This certificate is designed for students who may be required to learn new fields in accounting for their job or need updates on current procedures. It can also help students with non-business baccalaureate degrees in meeting the New Jersey requirements for licensure as Certified Public Accounts (CPA). More information regarding additional educational requirements to complete licensure as CPA can be obtained through the New Jersey Society of CPAs (https://www.njcpa.org).
- ACCT 161 Principles of Accounting I (3 Credits)
- ACCT 162 Principles of Accounting II (3 Credits)
- ACCT 261 Intermediate Accounting I *(3 Credits)
- ACCT 262 Intermediate Accounting II *(3 Credits)
- ACCT 263 Cost Accounting *(3 Credits)
- ACCT 265 Auditing *(3 Credits)
- ACCT 266 Federal Income Tax Accounting *(3 Credits)
- BUSN 210 Business Communications (3 Credits)
- BUSN 275 Principles of Finance *(3 Credits)
- ECON 151 Macroeconomic Principles (3 Credits)
- ENGL 151 English I (3 Credits)
*These courses are only offered through Distance Learning
For more information
Have you already applied for this degree?
Current students are encouraged to use curriculum guides, along with their Student Planning Degree Audit (My Progress Screen), to help make educated, accurate choices when selecting courses.
Official* 2017-2018 Catalog
Our interactive catalog is updated throughout the year.
*Course requirements for degrees can and do change over time. Students are responsible for fulfilling the degree requirements that are in effect when they begin pursuing the degree at the college.