The certificate program in Criminal Justice includes primarily courses specific to the field with a limited number of general education courses.
It represents recognition of the achievement of the Criminal Justice curriculum for the professional who does not plan to enter a degree program, or it may be considered an important milestone for the in-service student working towards a degree.
- CRIM 150 The Criminal Justice System (3 Credits)
- CRIM 151 Police Organization and Administration (3 Credits)
- CRIM 152 Introduction to Law Enforcement (3 Credits)
- CRIM 155 Introduction to Corrections (3 Credits)
- CRIM 236 Criminology (3 Credits)
- CRIM 254 Constitutional Law and Rules of Evidence (3 Credits)
- CRIM 255 Criminal Law and Procedures (3 Credits)
- ENGL 151 English I (3 Credits)
- POLI 162 American State and Local Government (3 Credits)
- SCIE 105 Forensic Science (4 Credits)
- SOCI 181 Introduction to Sociology (3 Credits)
For more information
CAREERS IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE
Have you already applied for this degree?
Current students are encouraged to use curriculum guides, along with their Student Planning Degree Audit (My Progress Screen), to help make educated, accurate choices when selecting courses.
honors by contract
A wide range of courses are available for students to participate in OCC’s “Honors by Contract” Program!
Official* 2017-2018 Catalog
Our interactive catalog is updated throughout the year.
*Course requirements for degrees can and do change over time. Students are responsible for fulfilling the degree requirements that are in effect when they begin pursuing the degree at the college.