The program of studies is a core of business courses, which are designed to prepare the student for ownership and operation of a small enterprise.
These specialized courses stress the role of the entrepreneur.
- BUSN 131 Introduction to Business Administration (3 Credits)
- BUSN 134 Principles of Marketing (3 Credits)
- BUSN 170 Small Business Management (3 Credits)
- BUSN 251 Business Law I (3 Credits)
- BUSN 271 Principles of Management (3 Credits)
- CSIT 123 Integrated Office Software (3 Credits)
- ENGL 151 English I (3 Credits)
1 of the following 2 Accounting courses is required:
- Small Business Management Electives: 12 credits
ACCT 162 Principles of Accounting II (3 Credits)
BUSN 210 Business Communications (3 Credits)
BUSN 220 Career Mgmt. & Organizational Behavior (3 Credits)
BUSN 252 Business Law II (3 Credits)
BUSN 270 Principles of Advertising (3 Credits)
CSIT 126 Intermediate Spreadsheets & Database (3 Credits)
MATH 156 Introduction to Statistics (3 credits)
For more information
CAREERS IN SMALL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
Have you already applied for this degree?
Current students are encouraged to use curriculum guides, along with their Student Planning Degree Audit (My Progress Screen), to help make educated, accurate choices when selecting courses.
honors by contract
A wide range of courses are available for students to participate in OCC’s “Honors by Contract” Program!
Official* 2017-2018 Catalog
Our interactive catalog is updated throughout the year.
*Course requirements for degrees can and do change over time. Students are responsible for fulfilling the degree requirements that are in effect when they begin pursuing the degree at the college.