Ocean County College honors its graduates and applauds their achievements with a Commencement Ceremony. The following commencement week ceremonies are scheduled to be held on the Gateway Building mall. Students will receive a personal invitation for the event(s) that apply to them.
- Nursing Pinning Ceremony – Tuesday, May 25 at 5 p.m.
- Awards Ceremony – Wednesday, May 26 at 5 p.m.
- Commencement Ceremony – Thursday, May 27 at noon.
- Rain date – Friday, May 28 at noon.
Students will be strictly limited to two guests per event due to COVID-19 event guidelines and restrictions. Students can request guest tickets via the Commencement Ceremony Registration Form. The events will be streamed live for the enjoyment of additional family and friends.
Cap and Gown Orders
The first step is to order your cap and gown which will be delivered to your home at no cost to you. You can then take photos wearing the regalia for inclusion in the virtual social media portion ceremony and share the photos with your friends and family. To order, visit www.capandgowndirect.com/occ
Directions for placing the order:
- Add the size of your choice to your cart, then check out.
- For verification purposes, enter your student email address and your full name (as shown on your student ID) on the shipping address in the order information.
- You will see a shipping charge of $1 at checkout. Please enter discount code OCEAN21 to remove the shipping and tax charge for your graduation package, and complete your order. You do not have to pay for your graduation order.
- Each student must place his/her own order. Please only include one set of the designated Graduation Package in your order.
- You will receive an email confirmation after the order is placed. The cap and gown package will ship in three business days after it is approved by OCC.
- Student addresses are limited to the continental U.S. only.
- Deadline for students to submit order: 5:00 p.m. on May 7.
- Orders will begin shipping between April 23 and all students should receive their order by May 20.
We encourage you to participate in OCC’s virtual Commencement Message that will be aired on May 27, 2021.
When you receive your cap and gown, take a photo wearing your academic regalia. If you have not yet placed an order for a cap and gown, you can use a Snapchat filter and a virtual cap and gown will be inserted in your photo. A Snapcode will be provided to you for scanning on April 29, 2021.
The next step is to create your custom slide and record your ten-second video message. Your photo, slide, and video message will be incorporated into a video clip which will be part of the virtual graduation processional. Visit stageclip.com/graduates for additional information.
You’ll soon receive a personal invitation for the event(s) on May 27, 2021 that apply to you:
Nurses Pinning Ceremony
If you are invited to more than one event, you must upload a separate photo, slide, and message for each event.
Uploads will be accepted beginning April 5, with a deadline of May 17, 2021.
OCC’s Virtual Commencement Message will be displayed directly following the in person ceremony. You will receive reminders leading up to the special day and a link to each event 30 minutes before each ceremony. Following graduation, a personal sixty-second video clip will be available to you that can be shared with your family and friends.
Congratulations on your achievement we look forward to seeing you at OCC’s Commencement Ceremony!
Special Regalia item pick up:
- Honor Societies
Pick up at Student Center – Information Desk (first floor)
Week of Commencement – Monday – Wednesday
9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Special Regalia items include:
- Students with a final grade point average of 3.5 or higher are eligible for gold tassels.
- Honors by Contract students who complete the program are eligible for a tassel and stole.
- NJ Stars students are eligible to receive a pin.
- Veterans are eligible to receive a cord.
- Psi Beta, Psychology Honor Society members, are eligible to receive a cord.
- Sigma Kappa Delta, English Honor Society members, are eligible to receive a pin.
Please contact Student Life, 732-255-0348, with any questions pertaining to special regalia items.
- Students must apply for graduation in order to receive a degree from OCC. An online graduation application is available through Student Planning. Please login to your Ocean Connect account and click on Student Planning. Go to the Home page and select Graduation Overview.
- Students should submit an Application for Graduation after they have registered for their final semester of courses at OCC.
- Students approaching graduation should contact the Advising Office to request a graduation audit. Email email@example.com after you register for your final semester, and let us know when you are planning to graduate. An advisor will check your coursework and confirm if you have registered for all of your remaining requirements.
The deadlines to apply for graduation are:
- Fall Completion: November 1
- Spring Completion: March 1
- Summer Completion: July 1
*If the deadline date falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline date will be the next business day.
- Deadlines for applications are firm.
- Please submit your Application for Graduation prior to or no later than the deadline date.
- Anyone applying after the stated deadline will automatically be placed into the next semester’s graduation.
- The best time to submit your Application for Graduation is right after you have registered for your final semester.
ALL STUDENTS – The Lampitt Law regulates the transfer of courses from NJ county colleges to 4-year NJ state schools for students earning an AA or AS degree. You will receive notation of graduation status on your permanent transcript and the ability to include this degree on your resume.
NURSING STUDENTS – Graduation is required for you to take the NCLEX exam to obtain a nursing license. Questions can be directed to the Nursing Department at 732.255.0400 Ext. 395.
Students may contact the Advising and Transfer Services Office at 732.255.0300 for assistance with a degree audit or to discuss their graduation status.
Diplomas will be mailed to students to the address on file with the college. The college is not responsible for diplomas lost in the mail (usually due to a student moving and not providing the college with an updated address). The college cannot reprint diplomas, so please make sure your address is correct.
- Fall completion – Diplomas will be mailed mid-March
- Spring completion – Diplomas will be mailed mid-July
- Summer completion graduates – Diplomas will be mailed mid-October
Certificate Of Completion & Certificate of Proficiency
Students applying for a Certificate must complete and submit their application at the Office of Registration & Records.