Did you know almost half of all students who fill out the FAFSA for Ocean County College are able to attend school for free? OCC offers many options to cover your college tuition and fees. Choose from Pell grants, NJ STARS, and our many scholarship and financial aid programs. Prospective students who meet the financial requirements can realize their dream of an excellent college education- without facing mountains of student loan debt.
Want to learn more about free community college tuition opportunities? Complete the form to learn more about our programs and see if you qualify for a free college education.
How to get started:
Apply to Ocean County College
Even if you’ve previously attended, you’ll need a new application
File your FAFSA
File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid at fafsa.ed.gov
Complete your HESAA Profile
Answer the necessary questions on the HESAA website
- Complete and file the FAFSA or New Jersey Alternative Application
- Complete and answer the New Jersey State Grants Questions in NJFAMS
- Complete State Record and Verification documents (if selected)
- Enroll for a minimum of 6 credits
Ocean County students enrolled in at least 6 or more credits in a certificate or degree program.
All students should complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or the New Jersey Alternative Aid Application for consideration for the other following types of financial aid at Ocean County College:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
- Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF)
- New Jersey State Tuition Aid Grant (TAG)
- New Jersey Student Tuition Assistance Reward Scholarship (NJSTARS)
- New Jersey Dreamers
What happened to the Community College Opportunity Grant?
The Community College Opportunity Grant program at Ocean County College was a pilot program for the spring 2019 semester. Funding for Fall 2019 is subject to approval of the Governor’s budget in June 2019.