This option is a combination of the business and health professions for persons who wish to pursue careers on the administrative side of the health care industry. This degree is ideal for students who wish to transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree in Health Administration, as well as for students who wish to go to work immediately in a health care setting in a variety of positions, including as a patient access representative (with CHAM certification).
- ACCT 161 Principles of Accounting I (3 Credits)
- BIOL 130 Human Anatomy and Physiology I (4 Credits)
- BUSN 134 Principles of Marketing (3 Credits)
- BUSN 251 Business Law I (3 Credits)
- BUSN 271 Principles of Management (3 Credits)
- COMM 154 Fundamental of Public Speaking (3 Credits)
- CSIT 123 Integrated Office Software (3 Credits)
- ECON 151 Macroeconomic Principles (3 Credits)
- ECON 152 Microeconomic Principles (3 Credits)
- ENGL151 English I (3 Credits)
- ENGL152 English II (3 Credits)
- HEHP 183 Introduction to Health Administration (3 Credits)
- HEHP 227 Introduction to Public Health (3 Credits)
- MATH 156 Introduction to Statistics or higher (3 Credits)
- STSC 155 College Success Seminar (3 Credits)
- Humanities Gen Ed (3 Credits): Courses satisfying this requirement must be taken from the list of Approved General Education Humanities Courses (course type: GHUM).
- Electives (To meet required 64 Credits): 7-9 crs BUSN 131 Introduction to Business Administration is a recommended elective. Most four-year business degree programs require Business Calculus or Calculus as the entry-level math course.
- Social Science Gen Ed (3 Credits): Courses satisfying this requirement must be taken from the list of Approved General Education Social Science courses (course type: GSOC).
- Suggested Electives include: HEHP 188 Introduction to Nutrition, AHMT 110 Medical Terminology, ACCT 162 Principles of Accounting II, and BIOL 131 Human Anatomy & Physiology II. Students should consider transfer plans and consult with Advising when selecting electives.
For more information
CAREERS IN HEALTH ADMINISTRATION
Manager of Medical Office or Practice
Medical Insurance Coordinator
Surgery Scheduler/Pre-certification Specialist
Management Careers with Medical Suppliers, Manufacturers or Call Centers
Have you already applied for this degree?
Current students are encouraged to use curriculum guides, along with their Student Planning Degree Audit (My Progress Screen), to help make educated, accurate choices when selecting courses.
honors by contract
A wide range of courses are available for students to participate in OCC’s “Honors by Contract” Program!
Official* 2017-2018 Catalog
Our interactive catalog is updated throughout the year.
*Course requirements for degrees can and do change over time. Students are responsible for fulfilling the degree requirements that are in effect when they begin pursuing the degree at the college.