This program of study is the mandatory core of alcohol and drug counseling courses designed to prepare the student for becoming credentialed in New Jersey as a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor.
These specialized courses are approved by the State of New Jersey Board of Marriage and Family Therapy Examiner’s Alcohol and Drug Counseling Committee and by the Addictions Professional Certification Board of New Jersey for the required 270 education hours.
- ALDC 101 Addictions Disorders & Recovery (3 Credits)
- ALDC 102 Addictions Counseling: Professional Responsibilities (3 Credits)
- ALDC 105 Addictions Counseling Skills * (3 Credits)
- ALDC 106 Assessing Addictive Disorders * (3 Credits)
- ALDC 107 Addiction COunseling Methodology ** (3 Credits)
- ALDC 108 Addictions Counseling Client Education ** (3 Credits)
- ENGL 151 English I (3 Credits)
* ALDC 105 and ALDC 106 must both be taken to substitute for the 6 credit
** ALDC 107 and ALDC 108 must both be taken to substitute for the 6 credit
1 of the following 2 Psych or Sociology courses is required:
For more information
CAREERS IN ADDICTION COUNSELING
Have you already applied for this degree?
Current students are encouraged to use curriculum guides, along with their Student Planning Degree Audit (My Progress Screen), to help make educated, accurate choices when selecting courses.
Official* 2017-2018 Catalog
Our interactive catalog is updated throughout the year.
*Course requirements for degrees can and do change over time. Students are responsible for fulfilling the degree requirements that are in effect when they begin pursuing the degree at the college.