OCC Can Help You Achieve Your Goals
- Classes are offered in different formats to fit your needs and schedule.
- Counselors will help you choose your courses.
- Tutoring Services are available to help you succeed academically.
- Career Services can help you develop your career plan and resume.
Our degree and certificate programs prepare you for in-demand, lucrative careers and professional advancement in a variety of professional, scientific and technical fields including utilities, public administration, IT, transportation and warehousing.
Gain experience with the operation and maintenance of computer numeric controlled (CNC) machines and programmable logic controllers (PLCs), as well as a working knowledge of basic electronics, pneumatic, and mechanical systems.
Pursue various computer science and information technology career pathways with the knowledge and skills you will learn in this program. Careers include web administrators with a median salary of more than $95,000.
Prepare for a career in environmental education centers, public relations firms, testing labs, environmental research organizations, food manufacturers, waste management companies, or government agencies and others.
Students with a background in the accounting field can prepare for the Certified Fraud Examiner Exam.
Quickly update your skills with programming and database management training.
Complete a program of study in Addictions Counseling, Child Care, Development Disability Assistant, Fire Science, Human Services, Municipal Administration and Public Administration/Government.
Apply work experience toward an Associate Degree in Applied Science while you prepare for career advancement. Up to 17 credits may be awarded for work experience, military experience, trade/proprietary school preparation, apprenticeship programs and on-the-job-training.
Half of all students who complete the FAFSA for Ocean County College are able to attend school tuition-free! OCC offers many options to cover your college tuition.
Federal and State Aid is available to those who qualify.
Veterans’ Educational Benefits
State and federal assistance programs provide student aid for veterans and members of the Selected Reserves and National Guard, veterans with ratable disabilities, dependents of veterans who died or become disabled as a result of active duty, and dependents of military service personnel who are officially declared prisoners of war or missing in action.
The Ocean County College Foundation offers scholarships to students attending Ocean County College. In addition, private scholarships/grants are available from local and national organizations and foundations.
Other funding options include:
OCC offers a variety of services that are designed to help you succeed in your academic and career goals.
Career Services include:
- One-on-one resume and cover letter writing.
- Career counseling.
- Industry insights.
- Internships and employment opportunities.
- Interviewing and networking strategies.
- LinkedIn and social media optimization.
- Online career assessments.
- Career database.
Tutoring Services include:
- Free and friendly academic support in a variety of subjects to supplement your coursework.
- Professional, paraprofessional, and peer tutors who are well-trained and committed to helping you become independent, confident learners as you complete your degree and enter the workforce or continue in your profession.
Services for veterans and active military members include:
- Referral to on- and off-campus resources.
- Peer-to-peer coaching and socializing.
- Veteran Affairs Transition Care Management.
- Distinct educational, recreational, and social events and opportunities were created for the Veteran and military services community.
- Military and veteran transition resumes, Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) translation resumes, military resume, and cover letter workshops.
Library Services Include:
- Online live reference help.
- Extensive reference databases.
- Films on demand.
- E-book collection.
- Free Adobe Autodesk software for use at home.
- Guided webinars, self-paced online courses, and tutorials.
- Adobe has made Creative Cloud Suite desktop app versions available for students learning at home.
Frequently Asked Questions
High school diplomas and/or GED are not required for admission to Ocean County College. However, diploma/GED are required for financial aid eligibility and nursing students are required to provide official transcripts showing diploma or GED to be admitted into the nursing program.
Most credits transfer but you’ll need to have your official transcripts sent to OCC for credit evaluation. Please have transcripts sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, you can! We offer classes Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. as well as online courses you can complete around your schedule. We have many degrees that can be earned entirely online! Be sure to ask your employer if they offer any type of tuition or loan reimbursement.
OCC’s tutoring center provides FREE math, general studies, and writing services. Visit the Tutoring page for more information.
Students are not required to be full time, however in order to be eligible for financial aid, students must take at least six credits per term. Most courses are three credits.
We offer multiple terms that allow you to start whenever you are ready.
Students may earn credit for prior learning gained through non-traditional or non-college-credit educational experiences, employment, volunteer work, etc.
Those who have military or police training should submit their certifications, credits, and transcripts, etc. to the registrar for an evaluation.