Degree-seeking students are advised primarily by OCC faculty. Faculty advisors assist students with:
- Degree program advice and guidance
- Interpreting their degree audit (Student Planning "My Progress" screen)
- Assistance planning for graduation and transfer
Locating Your Faculty Academic Advisor
- Degree-seeking students must log into their Ocean Connect account to find their assigned advisor.
- Click on WebAdvisor, then click the blue “Students” tab. Under Academic Profile, click “My Profile”. It will list a faculty member or campus office as your advisor.
- Contact your assigned advisor to set up an advising appointment.
Meeting With Your Faculty Advisor
- Students should meet with their faculty advisor to discuss their degree plan, short and long-term goals and next steps such as graduation, transfer or employment.
- When you are meeting with your advisor to discuss your schedule, review your degree audit (My Progress screen) on Student Planning and create a course plan, prior to meeting with your advisor.
Students can also meet with a professional academic advisor in the Advising, Transfer and Career Services Office:
- After meeting with the faculty advisor, if additional help is needed.
- To discuss changes in degree program, transfer, and probation status. Students who are graduating in the next semester can come to the Advising Office and request a graduation audit.
- To create a degree plan and meet with the Transfer and Career Coordinators to discuss career pathways